Ladies and Gents, The Square Up has returned from a rather long vacation. And, we have returned with a new format. Rather than just a random assortment of stories and ideas that the mainstream media missed, no matter how good that sounds, from now on our episodes will be themed. So, here it is, our first themed episode. And we are starting with robots.
So, why did we pick Robots for our first themed show? The simple answer, really, is that it’s cause I’m a huge nerd. But a second, rather more flattering answer is that it’s cause the mainstream media is dropping the ball. While they regurgitate press releases and studies, there are a lot of interesting ideas and stories going on under the radar. Here are the six we picked. Enjoy:
This episode featured the following articles:
- Harvard Business Review – Robots can be managers too
- The Awl – Robopoetics; the owners manual
- Forbes – Everybody needs a digital butler
- Policy Network – Robots and Progressive Politics
- Elite Daily – Technology will make non-creative humans replaceable
- Discover Magazine – Dogs may help design better robots
As before, I am unable to embed audio in the email blast. You can take a listen at Soundcloud.